Img

ProfessorB

"I really never thought of myself as unique. I'm just another soulja in the battle to inspire positivity to others." - Professor B. Check out our exclusive interview with the reggae rocker.

View more
img13

RockThePhoto

Jamsterdam Radio wants your best live performance photo for our #RockThePhoto contest. Send it!

View more
img13

Top5

We drop our Top 5 list for rappers to look out for in 2016. Listen for these artists coming to a speaker near you.

View more
Kendal Thompson - Be Mine
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Alliston, Ontario native, Kendal Thompson recently hit the number 1 spot on the Jamsterdam Top 10 with her hit track "Be Mine". At an early age, she began performing “I used to sing under the kitchen table but would stop as soon as I thought someone was listening or could hear.” Kendal Thompson says “I knew then I wanted to be a performer but had to get over my stage fright which took quite some time, probably a good 5 years.”

After moving to Toronto and establishing herself as singer-songwriter, Kendal began to shift her focus toward urban inspired pop music and first gained recognition with her debut single, Love, in 2013.

Finding inspiration in her surroundings and strong pop cultural icons such as Beyoncé, Madonna, and Lauryn Hill, Kendal possesses the ability to make universal experiences feel intensely personal. “Besides being a visual person and being inspired everyday by fashion, people and art. When it comes to my music I am really inspired by other artists I look up to. What they are doing in their performance and their writing style really helps to guide and inspire me in my own music and performance.”

From the strong and sensitive ballad "It's Time" to the uptempo, tribal inspired rhythms of "Be Mine" Kendal continues to prove she is a capable writer and unique voice in the Canadian music industry.

Kendal can be heard during The #NewMusic show aired daily at 8am and 8pm Toronto time.

Share this article!.
View or Make a Comment

0 comments: